Sunday, June 15, 2014

17 Things I Learned From Being Sick, Faint and Nearly Dead




The following points are like little mini sermons that I preached to myself while I was battling sickness. And I hope that you will take them for yourself, digest them, believe them and trust the Lord and His goodness.

First, if you are not sure if you are in Christ, go to www.NeedGod.com and take the short little test.

It is my prayer God will use this to encourage your soul and heal your body (if that pleases Him in this life).

Number 1. God uses sickness in a very unique way. It is not without purpose.  He wants to sanctify you and set you apart through sickness and draw you close to himself. Don't be discouraged thinking that sickness has no purpose God is doing many things at one time. Romans 8:28

Number 2. I am to count all things loss for the excellence of knowing Christ my Lord (Philippines 3:8). This means even health. Help me Lord to want to know you more than to be well on this earth.

Number 3. This trial is light and momentary. It is light…it is not heavy even though it feels heavy. How do I know? The Bible tells me so. Read 2 Corinthians 4.

Number 4. Sickness tests my faith and makes me really ask myself do I trust in Christ for this life alone? Or also for the next? If we have hope in Christ in this life only, we are of all men must be pitied. 1Corinthians 15:19

Number 5. Sickness is just for a moment. It may feel like forever but it is passing away. Even if it last for the rest of this life this life is just a vapor it is just a moment compared to eternity. James 4:14

Number 6. This will work out for my good. If I don't believe that then I don't believe God's Word. Read Romans 8:28.

Number 7.  Humility. When you are not able to do things for yourself you rely upon others…this can be humbling.  Humility is good.. James 4:10

Number 8. Christ has promised that where He is I will be forever. Can it get any better? There will be no more temptations, no more trials, no more fears, no more sickness, no more tears, no more divisions, and no more dangers when we die and go to be with Him. Revelation 21:4

Number 9. Even death is working for me. Death is an act of faith to give up our soul and die. We are saying "I trust you Lord with my soul." Death is my entrance to glory. If the father did not allow Christ to see corruption he will not allow me to see it because I'm in Christ. If He raised Christ from the dead, he will raise me up too. Read Psalm 16: 9-10. Christ trusted his spirit to the Father and I am to follow Him and do the same thing.

Number 10. Sickness , trials or suffering is Gods way of drawing us near to Him. Some of the sweetest times are when it is just him and I. His rod in his staff comfort me. Read Psalm 23. He is with me. I am NOT alone even when no one else is here.

Number 11. Sickness is a way of God giving you rest. It may seem strange but when you can do nothing else but rest in Him there is a unique closeness and rest that He gives you in the midst of the storm that you can't find in any activity or in any one person or in any one thing. You can only go to Him for help. Read Matthew 8:24. May God give you rest in the midst of the storm and make your sleep sweet.

Number 12. Being sick teaches you what is important: people and their souls. Matt 16:26

Number 13. Being sick makes sure stop and smell the flowers. I don't think I enjoyed being outside as much as I did well I was sick. I don't take the time to enjoy the clouds or the birds or the blue sky as often as I did when I was sick. Genesis 1:1

Number 14. Being sick allows you to search your heart for sin. It purifies your heart and motives. Read Psalm 66:18.

Number 15. Makes you appreciate Job and his sufferings in a new light. One fine day we will meet Job. Read Job 37:5 this was his attitude in the midst of suffering.

Number 16. Suffering allows others to minister to you. 1 Thess 5:11

Number 17. I have learned that it's better to read your Bible than look on the internet and try to self diagnose yourself. This will make you think you're dying with cancer. Proverbs 14:15

God bless, 

Trish

1 comment:

simplewithsyd said...

I sure liked reading through these this morning, as I was just talking to my Mom who has been very sick with food poisoning. I will send this along to her. I was thinking on a few of these points as I was talking to her :) ....telling her that when sickness passes, there is more of an appreciation of what we DO have.

WOW! Loved Job 37:5 :)